Call for Papers: Conference on Racial Justice and Finance
Organized by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Princeton’s Bendheim Center for Finance
Keynote Speaker: Raphael Bostic, Atlanta Federal Reserve President
Sept 17-18, 2020 ｜This conference will take place virtually on Zoom
This fall, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Princeton University’s Bendheim Center for Finance will organize a conference focusing on racial justice and finance. Authors are invited to submit papers, drafts, or abstracts that have an accompanying set of slides.
The theme of the conference encompasses many aspects of finance where outcomes may vary by race. Some of these aspects include but are not limited to:
- Extension of credit to households and small- and medium-sized businesses
- Provision of equity funding by venture capital firms
- Assessment of risk using risk assessment processes and tools, automated or otherwise
- Full access to services available in the banking and payment systems
- Career prospects, including hiring and trajectory, in financial sector firms
The conference features finance sector practitioners familiar with these challenges and panels focused on academic research. Atlanta Federal Reserve President Raphael Bostic is the keynote speaker.