Communications Specialist Freelance Consultant
The Bendheim Center for Finance at Princeton University invites an ambitious and energetic Communications Specialist Freelance Consultant to join our team as a communications lead in a contracted, freelance capacity. Working alongside faculty and staff, the consultant will develop digital content and data visualization to promote our top-ranked graduate and undergraduate programs, highlight faculty research, and elevate the Center’s brand. BCF is an Interdisciplinary Center for Excellence in research on finance and economics with a special focus on financial frictions, behavioral finance, and its interaction with monetary policy. Quantitative methods derived from economics, operations research, psychology are at the core of the analysis and policy implications. The Center operates a top-rated Master in Finance program and an Undergraduate Certificate in Finance. It also hosts dozens of online events each year, including the widely-watched lecture series Markus’ Academy.
- Strategic Communications Planning: The consultant will work with staff and faculty leadership, including the Center Director, to identify communications priorities.. This includes: advising on branding and positioning; guiding staff and faculty in adopting new communications tools and best practices; and working alongside university communications staff to maximize the impact of BCF communications campaigns.
- Social Media Production: The consultant would create unique content for our Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube channels.
- Website Content Development: Our newly redesigned website holds exciting possibilities for new content. The consultant would write and create new content to market our Master in Finance program, faculty research, online and in-person events, and other Center activities.
- Other Content Development: Determines content topics, coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs the monthly newsletter.
- Data Visualization: Ideally, the candidate would be comfortable creating visual aids, such as charts, graphs, animation, slideshows and other presentation formats.
- Content Editing: The consultant will edit various outlets for the center and its faculty.
- Previous working experience in communications is an advantage
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing
- Excellent portfolio with a proven track record of successful project management examples
- Photo and video-editing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills; self motivated
- Experience in web design and content production is a big plus
We are looking for a strategic thinker that can both create and implement, on a day-to-day basis, goal-oriented communications campaigns. Those interested should enjoy directing projects and be willing to do the work and build campaigns from the ground up. Exceptional communication and copywriting skills are a must. Background in the financial arena is helpful. BSc/BA in marketing, communications, business, or relevant field. The position would be 15-30 hours of mostly remote work per week. Salary range will be from $50-$65/hour with a max amount of $6000/month. This contracted appointment does not come with benefits.
Interested candidates can email the Center Manager, Jessica Roethel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Bendheim Center for Finance invites outstanding researchers to apply for an appointment as a BCF Postdoctoral Research Associate or more senior researcher. Postdoctoral Research Associates conduct their own research on topics in financial economics and participate in the intellectual life of the department. They receive a fixed salary, a package of benefits, and an allocation for research expenses. Postdoctoral Research Associates will work closely with one or more BCF faculty members during their stay and participate in the activities of the Center, including seminars, workshops and public lectures, and enjoy access to a wide range of other activities throughout the University. Postdoctoral Research Associates may participate in the teaching program depending on the department need and if mutually agreed, with sufficient course enrollments, and with the approve of the Dean of the Faculty. Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of 750 words or less describing the research they would undertake while employed with Princeton, one publication and the contact information for three confidential referees to https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/18641. The term of appointment is one year with renewal contingent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding. This position is subject to the University’s background check policy. Applicants must have received a PhD with the past three years and must not be employed by another institution during their appointment at Princeton. Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.