BCF In The News
- Important information regarding BCF and COVID-19 available here
- The 2020 Sophomore Spring Open House has unfortunately had to be cancelled this year. For more information go here
- Speech by Federal Reserve Governor Lael Brainard on the digitization of payments and currency cites Markus Brunnermeier/Harold James research: some issues for consideration:
- Princeton BCF’s Master in Finance program has been named the top Financial Engineering program in the US for the second year in a row by Quantnet in its 2020 rankings and in 2020 the top Quant Finance program globally by Risk.net.
- A Column by Markus Brunnermeier and JP Landau presents a framework for Central Banks in the fight against climate change and options to factor in risk assessments and capital ratios.
- BCF and Economics were in full force at AEA/ASSA Conference in San Diego Jan. 3-5.
- Princeton BCF’s Master in Finance program ranked #1 for second year in a row in Quantnet in its 2020 rankings
- Santa Visits BCF!
- BCF Faculty member Nobuhiro Kiyotaki has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Edinburgh University.
- Op-ed by JC de Swaan in Financial Times
- Financial Times columnist @martinwolf_ called last week’s #DigitalMoney event at @PIIE “the intellectual high point” of his time at the IMF and World Bank Annual Meetings. Read his take on the forum with @MarkusEconomist, Fed Governor Brainard, & more: https://ft.com/content/fc079a6a-f4ad-11e9-a79c-bc9acae3b654?shareType=nongift…
- Central banks should start issuing digital currencies to protect themselves against threats posed by the likes of Facebook Inc.’s Libra token and the gradual disappearance of cash, according to Markus Brunnermeier in Bloomberg Law.
- Brunnermeier/Koby Reversal Rate Research featured in Financial Times T Free Lunch: Can further monetary stimulus still be effective?
- New BCF and Econ Faculty member Jonathan Payne recently won two awards for his paper “The Disruption of Long-Term Bank Credit
– The Distinguished CESifo (Center for Economic Studies) Affiliate Award at the CESifo Annual Area Conference on Macro, Money and International Finance (Awarded on 16th July 2019)
– The CICM (China International Conference in Macroeconomics) 2019 Best Junior Scholar Paper Award (Awarded on June 23rd 2019)
- Princeton alumni and guests heard from an expert panel on how artificial intelligence and alt data are playing an increasingly large role in fintech at TigerTalks in the City: AI, Alt Data and the FinTech Frontier on May 9, co-sponsored by BCF and PECBCF deeply mourns the unduly passing of our brilliant colleague and friend, Alan Krueger, who through his research, teaching and public service made the world a better place.
- The Bendheim Center for Finance and the entire Princeton community mourns the death of John Clifton “Jack” Bogle ’51, founder of Vanguard and a longtime member of the BCF Advisory Council. Jack was a friend, mentor and hero to us all.
- Princeton BCF’s MFIN program #1 in inaugural Risk.net Quant Master’s Programs Ranking and Quantnet in its 2019 rankings
- On October 4, Carolyn A. Wilkins, Senior Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada shared her perspective on crypto asset and digital currencies. Watch the video>> View the slides>>
- First-year Master in Finance students Elisabetta Cavallo, Amy Qin and Kayla Zhang won 3rd place in the second annual Princeton Data Open Datathon, sponsored by Citadel Investments, one of BCF’s Corporate Affiliates.
- BCF Speaker Series: Cryptocurrencies 101, Santiago Barona *14, Friday September 21, 3pm, JRRB 101
- BCF Director Markus Brunnermeier moderated the Reunions panel, Ten Years after the Financial Crisis: How Are Markets, Investors, Regulators, and the Public Faring.